CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Scary Day

For those of you who don't know, I fell straight on my face, knees, elbows, and worse of all belly yesterday. I was coming in the back door at work with my hands full and got dizzy and lost it. I hadn't eaten since breakfast and this was around 2:00. Normally I eat lunch around 11 and I stick to a pretty strict schedule with that! Well, I was in a meeting yesterday and I didn't feel comfortable whipping out my lunch, but on hindsight that is what I should have done. When a pregnant woman falls they always want you to come in for monitoring because it could have caused internal damage. So, I had a guy from work drive me to the hospital, all the while I am trying to hold it together. When I got there all the preliminary checks on the baby were great and they took lots of blood work to check all of my levels. As I continued to be monitored the nurse said I had a irritable uterus which basically means it was twitching. She gave me a shot of Breathane to calm my uterus and that made me all jittery. We had to wait until my heartrate and the baby's heartrate stabilized after the shot and then they let me go. My knee is still really sore but hopefully that will get better.

While I was already at St. Vincent's, Mark and I were able to go see some good friends of ours who had a new little girl on Tuesday. Shannon and Blake looked like they were doing great and had a room full of visitors. Henley is beautiful and it was great finally getting to meet her! Hopefully today will be uneventful for me! :-)

5 comments:

Mycalee said...

OMG! I'm so glad your okay. Please please be careful!!! God Love you, let us know if you need anything at all...........

Beachbumaw said...

Oh Amy I'm so sorry!! I know EXACTLY how that feels. The same thing happened to me when I was pregnant with Lucy. I am so glad you are ok and I hope your knee feels better soon!

danapate said...

Do me a favor...EAT when you are suppose to and BE CAREFUL GOOFY! Your balance is not quite the same with a full grown baby in front of your abdomen!!!! I love you girl and I am sorry for the scary drama...now I think for sure it is a girl cause only a girl pregnancy would have that much drama to report of....ahahah! Call me later.

Amber said...

I'm so glad you and Baby B are okay! Please be careful and don't forget to eat. I hope your knee feels better.

Melissa said...

Glad you and Baby B are okay and I hope your knee gets to feeling better.

Post a Comment