Braegan took some steps backwards in the last 24 hours. She lost 6 ounces (she is down to 6 pounds 10 ounces) and lost more than the 10% babies normally lose. She has jaundice, high sodium/electrolytes, and a possible infection. So...they have taken her to the NICU (intermediate unit) to put in an IV for antibiotics. This is a precious picture of her holding both my fingers prior to going to the NICU. She had a serious grip, like she was saying "please don't let them take me!" Amy will probably be discharged tomorrow, but Braegan will be staying for a few days.
The doctors assure us this normal, but please keep Amy and Braegan in your prayers and thoughts over the next couple of days.




3 comments:
I am so sorry that Braegan is having to stay in the NICU. I sure hope that she is home with you guys soon! We will be praying for all of you!
Thank you for keeping us posted. We continue to keep all of you in our prayers and thoughts! I know she will be fine but I know it is little scary!
Please continue to keep us updated!
I am so thankful you have this so we can see how everyone is doing without bothering you.
Love you guys!
This picture breaks my heart! Y'all are in my prayers!
Post a Comment