So, I go back to work on Monday and I am struggling with it. I know I have had more time than most working moms do, but I still can't imagine leaving my little girl with a stranger. Braegan has changed so much in the last few weeks and she is finally smiling and laughing at me. I am scared that I will miss the important moments, like rolling over and sitting up. I know I will see them at home even if she does them at daycare, but I just want to relish every moment. This experience of motherhood is something I thought I was prepared for, but the emotions and connection I feel with her are unbelievable and I never want to be away from her. In a few weeks, I know we will be in a routine and she will love going to daycare and I will be back in a groove at work. It is just overwhelming to me that I will work all day in a stressful job and then come home and have only a short time with my little one. I guess I just needed to get this all out, so thanks for listening! I will let you all know how it goes on Monday! Hopefully I won't cry all day.
6 comments:
Hang in there... I know how you feel.
Don't be upset if for the first few weeks when you get in with her from daycare she naps and sleeps. Luke did. I was so upset that I didn't see him all day and then that evening he would take a nap too - meaning less time for our together time. But it is because she will be so worn out from getting use to her new routine...Give it some time and then she will be fine and YOU WILL TOO!!!
She is such a cutie pie!
Amy-
I can imagine how you feel. The thought of taking Sawyer to day care in 9 weeks is about enough to send me over the edge! But just remember you are her mommy and now matter where she spends her days she will always be the happiest with you! I'll be thinking about you. And you are right...it will take a couple of weeks but you all will be adjusted before you know it!
I will be thinking about you. She's so precious.
You know I've said this a dozen times, it's the hardest thing I've had to do and I was leaving mine with my mom. I can't imagine what I would have been like leaving them at daycare. However, like my mom told me remember, whenever she does her "firsts" they are still always her "firsts" because they are with you and it's your first time to experience it so try not to let that get to you for sure. I know easier said then done! It will take you about a month and then you'll be in the swing of things I promise (both of you will be by then actually). Unfortunately the days are long enough, the nights aren't long enough and then you get to wake up the next day and do it all over again! You'll cherish your weekends now for sure like you never have before!
awww I was in your shoes just a few months ago!!! I know how you feel. Mine is in daycare and I was so torn about that decision but he is doing well and learning lots and I am soaking up every minute I have at home with him. You will do great and as sad as it is she will do better than you will. My hard times weren't dropping him off but the nights before when I was packing him up for the next day, but you will get into a routine and it will all work out! Hang in there!!
Love the new layout ;o)
Awww......I'm just now reading this but leaving the first time is the hardest thing you will ever do. Your such a good little momma.
Post a Comment